GBP 25-31k + bonus (dependent on qualifications and experience)
Solihull and home based
As Finance Associate, you will report to the Finance Manager and assist our Client Relations and Technical teams. Your role will involve:
- Joining kick-off calls and finance calls with clients
- Liaising with clients to gather the financial information
- Producing the financial tables for the technical and financial report
- Ensuring the financial accuracy of the tables included within the report
- Ensuring costs included within the qualifying expenditure are eligible within HMRC’s R&D tax credit scheme
- Ensuring the R&D claim is reasonable in the context of the client’s financial results
- Using the tax computation to produce a benefit analysis demonstrating how the client has taken the R&D benefit
- Liaising with clients and HMRC to track progress with the processing of the R&D claim
You will be a key member of the team, actively gathering and summarising financial information from clients relating to their qualifying expenditure activities. Specifically, we are required to obtain and succinctly summarise information relating to a client’s payroll, purchases and profit and loss account. This will require a good understanding of accounting concepts in addition to having experience using accountancy software.
Working with the rest of the team, you will be integrated into the analysis and reporting processes from start to finish, getting to know our clients and their R&D projects. Whilst the role is mostly focused on preparing the financial information, you will also be joining calls with clients and liaising with other team members. It is important that you are a confident communicator as you will need to ask questions of your colleagues and our clients where appropriate.
What we are really looking for is passionate individuals who enjoy working in finance and are eager to learn. Our employees are inquisitive, diligent, and proud of the work they create. This is a great opportunity to work with different clients from a wide range of sectors, and to be a valued member of our team.
During your employment, you will be required to build a thorough understanding of the R&D tax credit scheme, ensuring the reports we produce are both numerically accurate and eligible within the boundaries of the scheme. You are not required to possess in-depth knowledge about tax or the scheme itself; comprehensive training will be provided.
Qualifications, skills, and experience:
- Undergraduate degree in accounting/finance
- Experience of working in either an accounting practice or a finance/accounts department
- Experience of working with accounting software packages including Sage or Xero
- Strong numerical understanding
- Strong IT skills – proficient in Excel and Microsoft word
- A confident communicator who enjoys working in a team
- Highly self-motivated and curious to learn new concepts and processes
- Ability to communicate highly technical information in a clear and concise manner
- Highly organised with strong prioritization skills
- Flexible and capable of multi-tasking
- Initiative to make autonomous decisions and ask necessary questions
- Willingness to accept and learn from criticism
- Excellent organisational and time management skills to deliver high quality work to deadlines
- Ability to work without close supervision
- Hardworking and driven – taking pride in the work completed and ensuring it is of a high standard
- Completed or studying towards accounting qualifications, e.g. AAT, ACCA
- Based near Solihull